So, I’m taking this blog in a new direction. Less stupid, filler stuff and more meaningful content. In an effort to keep this blog chock full o’ the good stuff, here are the new rules for writing:
1. Don’t be safe. Being safe isn’t being brave.
2. If it embarrasses you, write it. Write it because someone else can relate.
3. Edit until the manuscript bleeds. Use the sword. Stab it. Kill it. Burn the corpse. Then, allow the phoenix to rise from the ashes.
4. Don’t hide. Bare it on the page.
5. Feed yourself. Fill the well often, so you can empty it by filling others.
6. Go to the edge of the page–whatever that means at the moment you’re writing. Don’t over think it. Just do it. Your intuition will tell you how.
7. If all else fails, write. “Not like a girl. Not like a boy. Write like a motherfucker.“
These new rules for writing are gonna be fun.
Photo credit: TheRumpus.net